Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Rice and bolognese burgers

Due to my pay reducing in the next couple of months as well as food prices going up I decided that this year I would make the food I have go further and make sure that I use any leftovers instead of letting them go mouldy in tupperware or forgotten in the freezer. I made these rice and bolognese burgers today and they were delicious

Ingredients

Bolognese sauce
Cooked Rice
Egg

1. Mix the bolognese sauce and rice together and add the egg. I had to add some instant mash as the mixture was a little wet.
2. Heat up a frying pan, place a cookie cutter in the pan and spoon in the mixture.
3. Cook on a low heat and once one side is firm (around 8-10 minutes) flip to cook the other side.
4. Serve with salad and a slice of feta cheese.






.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I've decided in 2012 to food shop online, as usually I leave Asda with clothes, books, CDs, a new house plant and a pack of 36 loo rolls all bumping up the cost! I'm hoping it helps keep my food bill down!

    I tried the Slimming World Katsu curry last night and it was lovely!

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete