I made this last week and it was so good I am definitely going to be eating more colcannon from now on!
1 tbsp Chicken Bovril
Sat and Pepper
1. Fry lamb with onions and garlic until brown.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, mint, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Place mixture in oven proof dish and bake on 180 for an hour. I found the mixture when really thick so may be worth adding some water when adding the tomatoes.
4. Make instant mash as directed and add cooked cabbage and chopped spring onion. I also added black pepper and some more mint.
5. Place mash on top of lamb and bake in oven until crispy on the top.
I would have preferred to have real mash but had no potatoes in, if using real mash I suggest adding a egg when mashing to give it a creamy texture. You could always add different vegetables to the sauce, carrots would work well.