Search This Blog

Monday 16 April 2012

Rice Pudding made with coconut milk

I made this recipe after discovering Kara dairy free coconut milk was 400ml for a healthy extra A. I am still messing around with the amount of pudding rice used as I have found the rice too mushy. Rice pudding is one of my favourite desserts, this recipe makes plenty and you may not be able to eat it in one day.

This is also good for those counting calories, kara coconut milk is  27 kcal per 100ml pasteurised skimmed milk is 33 kcal

Ingredients

400ml Kara coconut milk
60g pudding rice
Teaspoon of sweetener


1. Preheat the oven to 150c
2. Add the rice to an ovenproof dish and pour the milk over. Add sweetner, you may need to add more according to your tastes.
3. Place in the oven for 2-3 hours or when rice is cooked.

This is great served with nutmeg, summer berries or with some jam. It is great served hot or cold, but my favourite way is hot and on it's own!


No comments:

Post a Comment