Search This Blog

Sunday 20 November 2011

Update: skipping weigh in, being ill, new foods

So, this week I cancelled weigh in I have been poorly with a virus so I knew the scales were going to be weigh me as losing quite a bit due to the virus. It has now been 5 days and I feel OK but am not eating much, I am hoping my appetite returns soon I feel so weak!

Before the virus struck me, my week with food was going well with my favourite meal being egg fried rice, Thai salmon fishcake with sweet chilli sauce and a dollop of fat free Greek yoghurt.


Egg fried rice was made by stir frying spring onions, garlic, ginger and peppers. Adding rice and soy sauce until warmed through, finally cracking an egg into it and stirring until cooked. The fishcake is 1 syn and you can get them from Aldi. It is probably my favourite meal.

I have bought some new things to try which I haven't got round to yet. I bought a celeriac which I think I will make into a topping for a cottage pie and some figs which I have only ever eaten in a biscuit. Any suggestions of what to do with the figs or how to tell if they are ripe are gratefully received. I was thinking of stirring into some Greek yoghurt with a bit of honey. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought to have a fishcake with rice, so that's my tea tonight sorted! I look forward to it :)

    I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete